Welcome to Elder Benjamin Sierra's Missionary Blog. Elder Sierra will be serving for two years in the Chile Santiago South Mission as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.



WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

MISSIONARIES LOVE TO GET LETTERS (AND CARE PACKAGES)! IF YOU'D LIKE TO WRITE TO ELDER SIERRA, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING ADDRESSES:

ELDER BENJAMIN SIERRA
CHILE SANTIAGO SOUTH MISSION
FRANCISCO ARANDA 530
SAN BERNARDO
REGION METROPOLITANA (SANTIAGO)
CHILE

EMAIL:

benjamin.sierra@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

ALEXANDER AND ANGELA GET MARRIED! AND...SOME WEEKS ARE TOUGHER THAN OTHERS

Aug. 9, 2017

Dear Family,

Welp, this week had some cool stuff, like, Alexander and Angela (a part-member couple) got married so now, Alexander can get baptized! However, he needs to step it up a bit. We were going to have his baptism this weekend but that's not very likely. He needs to do more to be ready and we need to make sure he's not just following his wife to please her. He's a really nice guy, but also a bit quiet and still has slight problems with coffee. He's been accepting the missionaries for a while now so if he doesn't start changing, we may have to drop him, which would be sad. 

At our zone conference on Tuesday I got to see Elder Leles again and we reminisced during lunch about our companionship and how awesome it was in Capitan Avalos. Sadly, though, not a lot of what we did there stuck and it was kinda sad. He got a package from Brazil, though. When he was on his Mother's Day call his parents asked if I wanted a Brazilian [soccer] jersey and I was like "uh.... Yeah :) ", and they actually sent me one! He's going to pass it to me this week! (I'm also going to send him a few GO stiks as a thank you 'cause he loves them.)


Other than that, not a ton has been happening... I wish I had just happy, sunshine and roses to send this week, but I really can't. This last transfer has been quite a bit of suffering. It's been really tough, especially this last week. 

Looking back, not a single person I have taught has been baptized. Many are very close. But a year has passed, I have 11 months left and I desperately don't want this pattern to continue and I eagerly want to work harder than I ever have before, but I just quite can't and it's frustrating because my mission is coming to a close and honestly, I would that it wouldn't so soon. I love it. So as I'm spending more time like this, it's more and more difficult... Sorry for the rant, but that is the state of things right now. I wouldn't mind some prayers of support concerning this because I'm at a bit of a loss. 

Take Care,

Elder Sierra

Alexander and Angela's Wedding!




No comments:

Post a Comment