Welcome to Elder Benjamin Sierra's Missionary Blog. Elder Sierra will be serving for two years in the Chile Santiago South Mission as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.



WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

MISSIONARIES LOVE TO GET LETTERS (AND CARE PACKAGES)! IF YOU'D LIKE TO WRITE TO ELDER SIERRA, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING ADDRESSES:

ELDER BENJAMIN SIERRA
CHILE SANTIAGO SOUTH MISSION
FRANCISCO ARANDA 530
SAN BERNARDO
REGION METROPOLITANA (SANTIAGO)
CHILE

EMAIL:

benjamin.sierra@myldsmail.net

Thursday, June 29, 2017

AN UNEXPECTED BIRTHDAY SURPRISE

May 24, 2017May 24, 2017

So today was pretty awesome!!!

First off though, the package was SUPER awesome! And I loved all the stuff you guys put in there and it was ingenious! I gotta go on a hunt for some 100% pineapple juice, but when I get it we're gonna go so ham on the Piña Coladas!  [Mom sent him Coco Lopez so he could make virgin piña coladas for his birthday.]

The scripture case is actually really amazing because it's really easy to carry so I've been using that now and I'm going to leave the other one I have here to be a seveanuer (recuerdo), perdóname el inglés)  [ So, none of that is English but he's saying: a souvenir, recuerdo is souvenir in Spanish, and 'forgive my English' in Spanish. 😂😂😂 #9monthsinChile  #teachinghaitiansandchileans #doesn'tknowhe'snotspeakingenglish! ]

Also those hydration stiks are AWESOME. My comp and I LOVE them and it's ridiculous how much it really helps us drink water!!! Also, I don't know if I mentioned this but his parents are going to send me a Brazilian [soccer] jersey! They asked me during his call if I wanted one and I was like "...YEAH" so it'll be coming this transfer I think. 

Anyway, the plan [for my birthday] was to go to Carlos' today for some chorillana and whatnot, however, he had some problem with work and had to work so he cancelled at 9:30 last night! So that was a slight bummer. My comp, though, as the baller he is, organized a surprise party for me! He told me last night that an elder that we both know was going to have to go home this week due to health problems and that he was gonna have a farewell party. He then was like "So, do you mind if we go for a little bit in the morning... I know it's your birthday so it's completely up to you. " and I was like, "Yeah, of course!" and when we got there everyone was like, "Surprise!" and I was like, "But where's Elder Moura!?"
It was a great surprise and they have it on video. I'll probably share it tonight 'cause we'll be in the chapel. 

That was mostly it this week! 

Oh yeah, and we also got Nedín to commit to a baptismal date and we feel GREAT about it! She's super awesome and when we asked her what she got out of reading 2 Nephi 32 she was like "Well... I read it a few times to get to understand it better and I think I should have Faith in Jesus Christ, abandon my sins and get baptized...." 
Needless to say, it was a good lesson! Nedín will get baptized July 18.
We can only see her on Sundays so it'll be a little bit. I'll be gone by then but will totes be coming back!

We also had a nice lesson with the Haitians brothers, Gracien and Arnoud! We watched part of Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration and they really liked it and told us walking home they were very happy! 
Him: "y-yo estoy contendo!" [not a word in Spanish]
Me: "... está contento? como feliz?" [You are content, like happy?]
Him: "Si!!! 😃" [Yes!]

Anyway that's about all for this week! Have a great one!

-Elder Sierra

BIngham High School Madrigals singing Happy Birthday to Elder Sierra:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/my-drive


gosh dang... I don't think I've heard singing that nice in all my 10 months here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment