Welcome to Elder Benjamin Sierra's Missionary Blog. Elder Sierra will be serving for two years in the Chile Santiago South Mission as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.



WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

MISSIONARIES LOVE TO GET LETTERS (AND CARE PACKAGES)! IF YOU'D LIKE TO WRITE TO ELDER SIERRA, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING ADDRESSES:

ELDER BENJAMIN SIERRA
CHILE SANTIAGO SOUTH MISSION
FRANCISCO ARANDA 530
SAN BERNARDO
REGION METROPOLITANA (SANTIAGO)
CHILE

EMAIL:

benjamin.sierra@myldsmail.net

Thursday, June 29, 2017

NEW COMPANION, SPANISH 24/7 AND VISITS ARE LIKE THE BREAD AND BUTTER OF A GOOD ORGANIZATION IN THE CHURCH!

April 12, 2017

Dear Mom,

My new comp is Elder Leles! He's a Brazilian and I love him a lot!!! He just got out of his training so this is the second companion in a row that's fresh off training. He speaks Spanish really well, it's a bit 'Portuguesesy' but it's still a bit better than mine. At this point, I'm really happy to have a non-American as my companion because we've been in a pure English house this entire past transfer and it was hard on the Spanish. I feel pretty comfortable with Spanish; I just have to get used to speaking it all day long, 24/7.

I wasn't able to get my package today but it's all good. 
That's really cool that you're doing service in the ward even though you don't have a calling! Visits are like the bread and butter of a good organization in the Church! We've got the ward attendance a little higher, but it's still not doing too hot. Our members just don't seem to do much. I can only imagine how great it'd be if people just visited each other!...  

...This week, Elder [ ] left and I wasn't 100% sad. He started getting really prideful because he thought he was hot stuff and that was hurting the lessons because he would end lessons without inviting people to be baptized when the Spirit was strong and was simply teaching lessons rather than the people. Elder Leles is a lot different and we were talking a lot yesterday and he's really cool! We made a baptismal calendar for Fransisca and we'll be seeing her finally today because Enrique had some health problems. It should be a really good lesson.

Enrique and Nedín had both been busy for a while but we finally got to see him again and he has a new job now as a manager at a sushi place! He now has a schedule which is gonna help a lot! We want to try to give him the same date as Fransisca but we'll have to see how things go. They both keep their commitments, it's just been a matter of finding them when they have time.

Today we went to a mall! I had never been because it's a bit far but it's really cool and is the only one in the mission that's nice like American malls. We ate at a place called Johnny Beans (Chipotley place) and then later went to check out stores. I actually took the liberty of buying a jacket for the winter! It was only $30 and it's really what I need. So now with that, I have 3 jackets and I think I'm good! I realize that most/all clothing needs would be easier to resolve here cause there are Ferias and stores to find stuff and it'd be cheaper. 




​Picture with the old house
​Picture with the old house, and Carlos​


​Elder Leles, my Brazilian Companion


​My joggers got a big (unsewable) hole in them so I burned them... 


Have a great week!

Elder Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment