Welcome to Elder Benjamin Sierra's Missionary Blog. Elder Sierra will be serving for two years in the Chile Santiago South Mission as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.



WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

MISSIONARIES LOVE TO GET LETTERS (AND CARE PACKAGES)! IF YOU'D LIKE TO WRITE TO ELDER SIERRA, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING ADDRESSES:

ELDER BENJAMIN SIERRA
CHILE SANTIAGO SOUTH MISSION
FRANCISCO ARANDA 530
SAN BERNARDO
REGION METROPOLITANA (SANTIAGO)
CHILE

EMAIL:

benjamin.sierra@myldsmail.net

Saturday, May 27, 2017

TOUGH WEEK...LAZIEST BUSY PEOPLE?

December 14, 2017

Hey mom! First off.... um ... So I was recording the toast last night and the camera died... and my adaptor has broken... So I wasn't able to get it out... BUT there's no need to fear! It's charging here 'cause of the usb port on the computer and it'll have plenty for the rest of the week. I'll wake up 30 mins early tomorrow, record it and send it out Friday while we're at the chapel, or Sunday. I know I'm cutting it close but honestly it's really hard to do with the type of time we have! 

Anyway I didn't end up getting a package Monday so I'll just wait I guess; it's no big deal. It'll just be a more concentrated 12 days of Christmas. I also talked to my comp and he was super chill about getting on to write at a specific time. He's a real nice guy! 

This week has been another really hard week. It's tough to be the one that knows the sector 'cause you have to lead EVERYTHING: the lessons, planning. I have to make almost EVERY DECISION until my comp learns the area!

Most of our teaching pool has been pretty lame recently! Always working and never being home for our appointments!!! I have a couple of promising ones but they're fairly recent. But anyone who actually completes a commitment every now and then is a miracle! 

(I love Chileans but they are the laziest busy people you'll ever meet!!!)

Also something funny, Elder Canaán (My comp) says that my mannerisms and my accent, to an extent, are quite Cuban! He even said that before I told him I was part Cuban! How neat it that?! I'm interested to hear you guys' accent when we Skype!

Speaking of Skype! If you can make yourselves available for most the day on Christmas that'd be helpful, I won't have really many options for the time I do the call but I'll let you know what it is next week. 

I don't have much to talk about besides that. Send me more pictures and videos!!! (by the way, did you ever get stuff from the play? I know that was a while ago but it'd still be cool to see!)

Take Care!

Elde Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment