Welcome to Elder Benjamin Sierra's Missionary Blog. Elder Sierra will be serving for two years in the Chile Santiago South Mission as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.



WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

MISSIONARIES LOVE TO GET LETTERS (AND CARE PACKAGES)! IF YOU'D LIKE TO WRITE TO ELDER SIERRA, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING ADDRESSES:

ELDER BENJAMIN SIERRA
CHILE SANTIAGO SOUTH MISSION
FRANCISCO ARANDA 530
SAN BERNARDO
REGION METROPOLITANA (SANTIAGO)
CHILE

EMAIL:

benjamin.sierra@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 17, 2017

WE GOT TO TEACH THE SICKEST OBJECT LESSON EVER!

September 28, 2016

Dear Family,

Wow! What an incredible week! I almost cried reading JG's email. It's great to see how happy he is!

In terms of this week, days Weds-Sat were probably the hardest of my mission so far. It was the first time I had really felt homesickness since leaving and it was no fun. It got a lot better, though, and I realized it's just something you have to learn how to manage. People say here that you won't go a day without thinking about your family and it's true. There's just no way not to think about you guys during my time when I'm not out on the streets, but I've learned how to deal with it as I focus more and more on our growing teaching pool here.

Yesterday, we had this awesome lesson with our golden investigator, Constanza. She an 18-year-old student in college and we took another member the same age over to teach with us. We taught her out on her patio and she gave us some water (with gas so it was basically
disgusting but we drank it to be polite). The investigator we brought, Harmony (people love giving their kids Gringo names here), accidentally hit her glass and it fell over and shattered. She was super apologetic and sorry but Elder Sims and I were basically bouncing in our chairs because that meant we finally got to do the SICKEST object lesson ever! And it was right in time during the lesson! Elder Sims used the shards of glass to explain how the church fell and was fractured, then I talked about Joseph Smith and the Restoration and about the Sacred Grove and was like "seeing these shards of glass representing all the churches at the time, which do you think Christ said was the correct one?" [Constanza]:"well, it looks like none of them 'cause they aren't the glass"...[Me:]"Bingo!" (disclaimer- I didn't actually say 'Bingo'). So, we later invited her to be baptized an she agreed to on November 5th! We pretty stoked for her and that's 2 investigators we have right now with baptismal dates. We hope to commit Alfonso to a date this week.

Other than that, I really don't think I have any stories to tell you. We found another family but we'll see if that comes to fruition or not soon. Today for p-day, we went to a church and played futsol and ate chilean bbq
(choripan and hamburger). It was a lot of fun and I'm getting more and more formidable in soccer. Next week, or the week after, I get to go to the president's house with the other greenies for some Papa Johns,
volley ball, and Star Wars!

Anyway, I hope that gives a good idea of what's going on over here.


Love you all!

-Elder Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment