Welcome to Elder Benjamin Sierra's Missionary Blog. Elder Sierra will be serving for two years in the Chile Santiago South Mission as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.



WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

MISSIONARIES LOVE TO GET LETTERS (AND CARE PACKAGES)! IF YOU'D LIKE TO WRITE TO ELDER SIERRA, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING ADDRESSES:

ELDER BENJAMIN SIERRA
CHILE SANTIAGO SOUTH MISSION
FRANCISCO ARANDA 530
SAN BERNARDO
REGION METROPOLITANA (SANTIAGO)
CHILE

EMAIL:

benjamin.sierra@myldsmail.net

Thursday, April 6, 2017

GETTING OUTTA THIS CAGE IN 5 MORE DAYS!! 


SEPT. 7, 2016

So first of all, we have P-day today because Friday of week 6 is a field prep day with, like, 50 meetings so we got it switched to today. I'll be on in the evening probably about 5ish. 

It's crazy. I have, like, only five days left! I'm SUPER excited to get out of this cage here! We are only allowed to eat at the same comedor for 6 weeks and it gets to ya! I even asked my branch president if we could order Pizza Hut on p-day but he said teachers or other people cannot bring food in from outside the wall. It's like a legal thing. They allow packages of donuts but, apparently, anything else from outside the wall is not assuredly safe! But I'm not even sure if this comedor is safe! I also can't wait to teach REAL people and to actually get the chance to work hard! It's so difficult to lose yourself in the work when you haven't even started the work!!! 

Not really much has been happening except success in teaching our fake investigators. One of them, Sara, had a problem with smoking and I had just happened to have read a scripture that day about Alma the Younger recounting his experience with his repentance. (Alma 36: 18-21) (I think). I discussed the scripture with my investigator and applied it to her life. I asked my teacher (who played the investigator, which they base off real people they taught themselves) what she thought about my scripture I shared and she said that Sara liked it a lot when she taught it to her and I was like, NO WAY! It was just some random scripture I stumbled upon during personal study so I thought that was cool. 

Also thanks for the package! I shared a lot and used some of them to make it through the Devotionals on Sunday :P 

On another note, I really am so glad to hear how well everyone is doing... During Sacrament meeting I remembered something that President Stevens ( or someone else, I can't fully remember) told me before I was set apart. He said that if I was obedient to the mission rules and followed the commandments, that the Lord would care for my family even better than I would be able to if I were still at home. I can definitely see that the Lord has kept his promise, like always. I have so much to be grateful for and there was a devotional that made a really good comment about the Atonement. Many people think that the Atonement is about doing your best and Christ pays the rest. But really Christ paid for all of it. Our good deeds and charity on this Earth are so that we can stand before Christ and show him what we made out of His sacrifice, that we can be comfortable in His presence. 

Love,

Elder Sierra

Here's a picture of me looking for investigators:


PARROTS EVERYWHERE


Some pictures of my comp and my district. And yeah,
my eyes are closed. I know. I'm sorry :(







No comments:

Post a Comment