Welcome to Elder Benjamin Sierra's Missionary Blog. Elder Sierra will be serving for two years in the Chile Santiago South Mission as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.



WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

MISSIONARIES LOVE TO GET LETTERS (AND CARE PACKAGES)! IF YOU'D LIKE TO WRITE TO ELDER SIERRA, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING ADDRESSES:

ELDER BENJAMIN SIERRA
CHILE SANTIAGO SOUTH MISSION
FRANCISCO ARANDA 530
SAN BERNARDO
REGION METROPOLITANA (SANTIAGO)
CHILE

EMAIL:

benjamin.sierra@myldsmail.net

Thursday, December 21, 2017

CRAZY WEEK! SENT MY COMPANION HOME AND BEGAN TRAINING MY GREENIE

December 20, 2017

Wow, where do I begin!?!


Things were crazy this week as my companion was going home and doing lots of farewells all over the place! He was to be picked up on Monday at 5:00 in the morning. We get home Sunday night and he hadn't packed and the house was kinda dirty so my comp packs all his stuff up while I clean the house and get things ready for my new missionary's arrival. After all, it's not like I was gonna be able to sleep with my comp packing.  I finally got to bed at around 3:30 in the morning. I don't think my comp even slept. We went to bed, but I think he went downstairs and drank máte. The poor boy was anxious. 

He left at 5:15 am and I went to bed to get up at 7:30 am to go to my training for becoming a new trainer. At 11:00 am, I got my new comp, Elder Contreras!  He's from Houston, Texas, and both his parents are from Honduras so he speaks Spanish pretty much perfectly! He's also pretty good on the bikes so things are just awesome! I was pretty dead Monday, though, from the lack of sleep and just going hard all day. When we got home, I went to bed pretty quick and still felt like I was pretty tired the next day. It was a TOUGH day. We looked for tons of references and contacted a lot of people and no one would let us in, but we did get some return visits. 

It's out third day together and we've worked a TON! I hadn't been able to work so much because of the craziness with my previous comp so it's really awesome! We're getting back in contact with our investigators and we've got the week pretty full with appointments in just a couple of days! 

Marjorie is doing really well. We taught her about temples and she said that she thought that going through the Temple was a great goal! We hadn't even said anything yet! 


I'm really, really sorry that I don't have any photos yet; my camera died right before I got my new companion and it was my last pair of batteries. I'll buy some more, though, and we'l get some dank pics of us, our tree, the Christmas conference, cookies, hot cocoa and Christmas. 😀

Ok, I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something, but I'll figure it out and then include it in next week's letter! I'll probably even do a recording! Love you all, Chao!

-Elder Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment