Welcome to Elder Benjamin Sierra's Missionary Blog. Elder Sierra will be serving for two years in the Chile Santiago South Mission as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.



WRITE ELDER SIERRA!

MISSIONARIES LOVE TO GET LETTERS (AND CARE PACKAGES)! IF YOU'D LIKE TO WRITE TO ELDER SIERRA, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING ADDRESSES:

ELDER BENJAMIN SIERRA
CHILE SANTIAGO SOUTH MISSION
FRANCISCO ARANDA 530
SAN BERNARDO
REGION METROPOLITANA (SANTIAGO)
CHILE

EMAIL:

benjamin.sierra@myldsmail.net

Friday, June 16, 2017

YOU JUST GOTTA GIVE IT ALL TO THE MISSION....WHEN YOU DO THAT,YOUR PROBLEMS KINDA GO AWAY

January 18, 2017

Dear Family,

That's pretty neat all that snow! You may not think so, but I'm suffering my second summer in a row and it's the worst!!! Today it was 92 degrees and Friday it's gonna be 97! 

So yes, I DID get transferred!!! I (nor anyone else,really) was expecting it to happen; the norm is for a greenie to stay in their first ward two changes more if they don't get changed out right after their training. Elder Scott (the one you met at Christmas) is still there and everyone thought he'd be leaving. So I left to a ward called Capitàn Avales. It's a ward of 40-50 members (like my last) and if they don't reach 80 by June they're closing down the ward's chapel and the ward will have to go to one 30 minutes away! So, the pressure IS ON!!!

My new companion also just finished his training so I'm what they call his "Greenie Breaker".  It's the elder right after the trainer that smooths out any rough edges and breaks the "Greenie" title. It's kinda of intense, 'cause... I just finished my single transfer with my own Greenie Breaker. Things are getting real here fo' sho'. His name's Elder Gates and he's a real swell guy. He's from Spanish Fork, Utah, and he's definitely one of the better-trained missionaries I've seen and I think we'll work really well together. 


As I left the ward Valentina was suppose to receive a calling but she didn't because the bishop never got around to it (we were a bit salty but I'm over it) so next week, she should and she'll be considered reactivated.

Also, Jimmy IS getting baptized still on the 22nd and I think I'll be the one to do it!!! I asked the elder of the ward he's in to mention me and ask him if he would like me to do it because he knows me the best and I found him, taught him, and invited him to be baptized. So I'm really hoping I get to. 

And yeah, that's basically the ticket; you just gotta give it all to the mish... when you do that your problems kinda go away!

I love you all and hope you're doing well!

Elder Sierra

Here are some pictures of goodbyes to members and a ward activity:














No comments:

Post a Comment